Clearfork Academy is a leading Fort Worth teen drug rehab with highly effective medical detox, residential treatments, sober living, and intensive outpatient programs. As one of the best Christ-centered residential treatment centers, we help adolescent boys overcome addiction and co-occurring mental health issues in a controlled and supportive environment.
Teenage drug abuse and addiction
Individuals who abuse drugs in their adolescent years often carry a greater risk of developing an addiction condition later in their lives. Not to mention, abusing drugs at this stage in life can have long-term cognitive and behavioral effects, causing irreversible brain damages. Parents who recognize the use of the drug in their teenagers can prevent it from becoming a bigger problem by seeking professional help.
One of the best ways to prevent substance abuse in teenage kids is to talk to them about the dangers of addiction and set a good example at home as a learning lesson. If you think the situation is slipping, get your teenage son/daughter into the best Fort Worth teen drug rehab to help them overcome addiction safely.
Signs of teen drug abuse
The signs of drug abuse can differ from one teenager to another. It's sometimes challenging to differentiate between the pangs of adolescence and signs of drug abuse. Here are some of these signs that could point to drug abuse:
- Poor performance at school or bad grades
- Bloodshot eyes
- Loss of interest in activities
- Poor hygiene
- Avoiding eye contact
- Frequent hunger
- Abnormal weight gain or weight loss
- The smell of smoke on clothes
- Secretive behavior
Besides, if you find your son/daughter feeling unusually tired all the time, you must initiate a conversation with them. Remember to sound compassionate and supportive when trying to communicate with your teenager about their drug use behavior.
Common drugs that teenagers abuse
When it comes to teenagers and drug abuse, they usually abuse a drug that is easily accessible to them. Teenagers consume drugs or alcohol excessively because they do not understand the risks and dangers associated with that behavior. Some of the common substances abused by teenagers include:
- Alcohol - Teens start alcohol consumptions as binge drinking, which increases their risk of addiction.
- Marijuana - High school students often smoke marijuana out of peer pressure and without any knowledge about the risks it carries and develops an addiction to it.
- Prescriptions and over the counter medications - Teenagers often abuse prescription drugs like OxyContin, Xanax, etc., from their parents' medicine cabinets for the pleasurable effects these medications produce. Narcotic painkillers not only carry a high risk for addiction but also entail n increased risk of overdose.
Call 817.382.8463 to get your child started on a liberating journey towards sobriety. Clearfork Academy is a highly sought-after Fort Worth teen drug rehab with state of the art amenities, life-transforming treatments and therapies, and a customized treatment approach. Break free from the chains of addiction with the #1 rehab center in Texas. Contact our recovery team today for an in-depth initial assessment!Fort Worth Teen Drug Rehab
View Larger Map